In order to access Canvas LMS, Blackboard Collaborate and other resources at Center for Advanced Legal Studies, your computer must be configured correctly and in good working condition. Also, your Internet connection must be fast, stable and reliable. If you are experiencing difficulties connecting to Canvas or Blackboard Collaborate, or are experiencing problems accessing content, the following are some of the troubleshooting procedures we use to correct common issues.
- Make sure you are using a supported Internet browser. We recommend Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome, but other browsers are supported. Please see Canvas Supported Browsers
- Make sure your Windows Operating System is up-to-date and patched with the latest service packs and updates. Please see Windows Update
- Update your anti-virus application's virus signatures and run a complete scan of your computer. Also, be sure that you are only running one real-time anti-virus application. Running more than one can lead to problems.
- If you do not have anti-virus software installed on your computer, you can download Microsoft Security Essentials for free and it is effective.
- If you suspect your computer might be infected with malware, we suggest Malwarebytes which has a free version which is also very effective.
- Another great utility to try, especially after removing malware from your computer, is CCleaner. We usually also run the registry cleaner which is included.
Following these steps will usually resolve most common problems. If you still experience problems with computer, we suggest you have it services by a computer professional.