How to prepare for Career Services
While you are busy with your paralegal education and training, we encourage you to
remember the ultimate goal - your legal career.
CALS' Director of Career Services works one-on-one with students to prepare them for employment opportunities upon graduation. Here are a few things to remember as you continually move closer to making your dream a reality.
- Your attendance in class is a big indicator of your grade performance. Be in class and take advantage of the expertise and experience offered by our faculty.
- Complete Your e-Portfolio. An E-Portfolio is an online career profile for students to showcase their personality and work samples to employers.
- Participate in an Externship experience. While an Externship is required of all AAS Degree Paralegal Program students in order to graduate, it is not a requirement for Paralegal Certificate students. However, all students are strongly encouraged to discuss externship opportunities with the Career Services staff. It helps build your resume and it is a great networking opportunity.
- The Director of Career Services provides personal attention and preparation for interviews at the beginning of your last term of study. This includes:
- Resume Writing
- Interview Tips
- Market Your Resume
- Secure Job Orders
- Submit Resumes
- Interview Coordination
- Offer Negotiation
- Employer Follow-Up
- Outreach to Legal Community